Forums are back in action! ×

Two steps forward, one step back

Hey Ya'll, I have been reading nerdfitness for a bit, and decided to join. I just moved all the way across the country from the east coast to the west coast. Last year starting on my birthday, was suppose to be the year of fitness. I had some big plans and dropped 10 pounds, but my birthday is coming up and I am nowhere near where I wanted to be.

I have about 50 pounds to lose, and I need to get my fitness level back up. I would love to get back in my little black dress. Or wear a two piece bathing suit without wanting to cover up my stomach. I also want to be able to defend myself, hence an interest in martial arts(totally looking into a 7 week beginners class).

I did crossfit before a knee injury, and messed with a little paleo, which I had a very hard time sticking with. I started doing the beginners body weight workout and am shocked how my fitness level has crashed in the 4 months I stopped doing crossfit. I am doing that 3 times a week, along with some intervals, and lots of walking. My goal this week was five miles and I hit that by Wednesday so I am going to up that. Well, I hope to see you guys around. I can't wait for the next 6 week challenge.

tonic

Shapeshifting Rebel

It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

tonic's taking it back

Welcome to the forums! Have a watermelon

Best of luck on your goals! If you have any questions about martial arts, I (and probably all the other monks in here) will gladly help

Just work hard and keep your eye on the prize. Or little black dress.

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

Archived