Forums are back in action! ×

Always looking to improve

Hey everybody,

Just found this website a few days ago, and was immediately impressed. I'm a college kid on an internship this summer and it's my first time really having to balance work/fitness. Working 8-5 and having a gym with very little equipment has forced me to become creative.

I love to play basketball but I have a history of knee problems and am coming off a severe ankle sprain. 6'3 and 175 lbs and trying to add a few pounds of muscle (it is beach season after all).

Right now the plan is to do the Sparta 300 workout with some modifications: adjust a few exercises and work my way up to 300 reps. Starting at 150 tomorrow and adding 25 reps each week, so when late July rolls around, hopefully I'll be at 300.

I'm also an aspiring basketball coach and entrepreneur, which some take as that I'm foolish enough to be idealistic. If you've read this far, I appreciate it and can't wait to meet some of you guys! Cheers

I'm new too, but I think it's awesome to meet new people and get support. That's kind of what I'm looking for too, right now.

Also the 300 workout = super impressive. My Boyfriend hung his pull up bar up a few days ago. I hung there uselessly for a few seconds making awkward grunting sounds.

Archived