Forums are back in action! ×

New, and Improvement is why I'm here!

Greetings! My name is Diana (you can call me D) and I too am stuck on NF! Steve's posts and everyone's enthusiasm has resonated with me to the point I can't stay away any longer! Here's a few details:

• Aged 35 years, about to turn 36, 5' 6" and 200lbs. I've always carried my weight 'well,' but I am tired of looking like I do, feeling like I do (lumpy, dumpy and slow). I can do 10 push ups (no, not modified) and I can execute 40+ squats. It's not a matter of not being strong or a certain size for me, but exceeding my potential.
  • Been on Paleo for a month -- HOLY COW! I lost inches by merely changing my eating habits.
  • Activity/fitness/exercise motivation is severely lacking! I need to work it into my two-job/husband/cats/fun schedule. HELP!

I decided a few days ago to come up with some concrete goals. Here's a few so far:

1. Fitness goal: I want to do a pull up. I saw this girl in the gym I used to belong to go to a bar and do 10 pull ups without a flinch. She was amazing. Side note: I saw her in the locker room, and she was putting on her mail carrier uniform. I still believe I saw a superhero!!
  2. Fitness goal: I own three bikinis which I don't wear. They are 4-6 sizes too small. I bought a one-piece to wear this summer. I want to wear those bikinis!
  3. Fitness goal: I want to run a 5k sub-30 minutes. I am not interested in speed, mind you -- But I'd like to run a 5k with my big brother one day, and he's at a sub-8 minute mile!
  4. Life goal: I want a new job. First on the agenda is to update my resume!
  5. Life goal: Travel the world with my husband. And I mean the world, from the Solomon Islands to Morocco.

... and the list will grow and change!

I am glad I got off my duff to join NF! D

Alien Adventurer

STR: 5 | DEX: 1 | STA: 5 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

There is more to life than increasing its speed. -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

Hello D and welcome! :-)

I'm a noob here too so I don't have much real world practical advice. It does look like a good set of goals. I completely and utterly agree that diet controls so much and making that change in eating habits is one of the best things to do.

Good luck with everything.

That's so awesome D! I'm about to take the paleo plunge and I'm both excited and nervous. I think the most difficult things to give up will be bread and dairy. Mmmmm cheese...

I'm excited to see your progress on your goals. Without a doubt I know you'll get there!

Gday Diana,

Welcome welcome to NF.

For the 5k, i'm afraid speed will be a big component if you want to keep up with your big bro.

Check out Couch 2 5k for a yew beaut starting program.

Bonza work on the weight loss already,esp with as busy a life as you've got, as Steve said recently, don't think about what you're losing, but what you stand to gain :D

Keep up the good work.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Archived