Forums are back in action! ×

I finally talked my kids into working out with me!

alr

It has only taken 6 months, but they want to train for a 5k with me, and my 12 year old has discovered that doing push-ups calms her down when angry. I am putting coupons for active together time in their stockings (one wants to play baseball in the spring so he will get a glove and ball and coupons to play catch with me and the other is more into running so she is going to get miles together coupons and one of those nike/ipod sensors). This is my biggest WOOT ever.

Well I don't want to limit myself so maybe I should say it is my biggest WOOT so far.

!!!

alr

"The future will be different if we make the present different."

Peter Maurin

Thanks! I have just conscripted both of them into the next challenge with me. Given that one was a die-hard trekkie at 3 and the other gets in trouble (in third grade) for reading Tolkien under the desk, I have high hopes for raising a new generation of nerdfitters!

alr

"The future will be different if we make the present different."

Peter Maurin

Hah, that is awesome, alr! Those presents are a fantastic idea! Family time, fitness, AND fun. Total win.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins