Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all,

I'm really excited to become part of the rebellion. I've struggled with my weight all my life. At around the age of 20 I was 5'6", 175 pounds, and miserable. So I started exercising and dropped down to 130. Happiness ensued. Then 150 came around and now at the age of 25 I'm at 140 and having the worst body image issues of my entire life. So here I am.

I'm currently in the process of moving to Texas from California with my Boyfriend. This is stressful in and of itself and my usually "not bad" diet has disintegrated into stress eating and "grazing." Blerg. Step 1 when I get to Texas? Going paleo. Step 2? Finding a gym I like. In the meantime I keep telling myself to do the bodyweight circuit and stay calm. Arriving in Texas next Sunday.

My goals? There's no specific number for weight I have in mind. I just want to be able to look in the mirror and like what I see. I want to be healthy. Also, muffin top is a no no.

So, again, here I am. Although my Boyfriend is super supportive of my desire for health, and leads a healthy lifestyle as well which is awesome for both of us, I need to be accountable to others. Basically, I need a butt-kicking.

So... who's game? (and thanks!)

I remember when I was at my skinniest (what I thought at the time was my healthiest) I thought I had so far yet to go, how I was still just not there yet. Talk about body issues! :-/

I'm right here with you about butt-kicking! Onward! D

Alien Adventurer

STR: 5 | DEX: 1 | STA: 5 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

There is more to life than increasing its speed. -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

When i read your name "DirtyBird" i thought you were an Aussie, but alas, youre from CA (wherever that is... somewhere in Foreignland)

Joking.

Welcome to NF, Get to Texas and join a gym. Sounds like a good medium term plan. What sort of training do you like? outdoors, lifting heavy, bodyweight stuff, boxing?... a key to keepin on keepin on is to find something you like and stick at it even when you don't... more chance that way (that made sense in my head).

Perhaps something you and your BF could do together? that way you've got an accountability matey whenever you train, or to make you train.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Thanks, D! I certainly wasn't my "healthiest" at my skinniest - I had no muscle to speak of! But at least I felt good about the way I looked. So now I'm trying to focus less on numbers and more on general liking what I see in the mirror.

Hi Pat! So what does "Dirty Bird" mean in Aussie? And am I embarrassing myself? My Boyfriend calls me a bird and sometimes he calls me a dirty bird, so it just became a thing. I usually do heavy lifting (with good form, might I add) with Boyfriend, but I don't really enjoy it. Except the bench press because I'm awesome at it. I also run but hate that, too. I do, however, LOVE pole dancing. It works me out like nothing else, I'm sore for days, plus it makes me feel like a sexy GODDESS. Plus having ridiculously strong thighs from squatting is an awesome asset when pole dancing. Unfortunately I've been unemployed for a year and all the pole dancing studios around me are expensive. I found one in Texas, though, and want to give it a try.

Archived