Forums are back in action! ×

First Tournament, First Trophy!

Wildcat

Today was my school's summer national tournament, and I competed in three divisions: sparring, forms, and weapons.

I placed third in sparring! I didn't really expect to even place in sparring, so that was really cool. I was disappointed with my kata, but that's ok. I also rocked my weapons form, but the competition was really stiff in the division, so I didn't place.

All of my friends did well, and my assistant instructor placed first with his kata in the instructor's kata division. It was a great experience and I had a great time! Can't wait for our next tournament in the winter, but first, I'm testing for my orange belt!

May the odds be ever in your favor!

I have a blog. It can be found here: http://wildcatspeaks.blogspot.com. I put my training up here, accomplishments, how many times I've vacuumed this week, etc.

nice job... i've done a few hundred tournaments... but i still remember my first... i think i got 4th... it's a lot of fun trainning and doing well in competitions... this is me after winning continuous sparring and point sparring at Amerikick in Philly at the end of march this year... :)

120331amerikick1.jpg

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Archived