Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie new-new newww!

So I'm kind of forum shy for a nerd, but allow me to introduce myself! My name is Jane and I'm 27! The last time I weighed myself I broke my scale. Actually the battery just went dead, but I haven't replaced it and I haven't really started any sort of fitness change until today. Using the power of assumption I can divine that I am still 170-ish lbs today and a height of 5'6."

BACK STORY I spent my early twenties in the 140's range, but I had terrible eating habits and sporadic workout habits. Then came my desk job after college and I kicked up the workouts but still had terrible eating habits and rose up to the 150's. Then my dad got sick. Like I had to move from Florida back home to Michigan to tend to him sick. After he passed I kind of lost it in the health department. I haven't done anything for a year now except stuff my face (eating my emotions, and they're not tasty). I got maybe to week 7 of C25K and when my running buddy got injured, I never really went back. I've been lurking around this site for a couple months now actually but it's Monday, it's the beginningish of June, and I've set some small goals and non-food rewards.

EATING THINGS I'm not totally comfortable with any named diet plan (or food lifestyle?). That could change but since it's small changes I'm after initially, I'll just be tracking calories, carbs, fat, and protein on MyFitnessPal (Check me out, my name's the same over there). I've been tracking already for a couple months but I've been all over the place. To incentive-ize sticking to the plan without bored snacking and empty calories I've purchased the entire Lego Monster Fighters series. Each week that I eat clean in a row I'm allowed to build one set in ascending order from smallest set to largest.

WORKOUTS I'll be mixing up the Rebel Strength plan and getting back in C25K. I also have the Run Zombies app, soooo maybe if I'm feeling a little to safe I'll try that out too.

Is this too long for an intro message? Sorry guys! That's my story, looking forward to a healthier life.

Hey hey, welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you need from advice to motivation, via a brain on a stick in front of you. Just don't hesitate to ask! For the record, your intro is fine, if not smaller than the usual intro, But that's not the point, the point is that you're safe and comfortable in your own skin, however rotting it may be :tongue: Why not lay out your goals so that we can help you stay accountable and on track. Never hurts to have friends to help you! See you around!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Archived