Forums are back in action! ×

My Newest Obsession

I've never been comfortable with the way that I look. But uncomfortable wasn't enough to make me want to change it. So now, I absolutely can not stand being the way that I am, and it has started a new obsession within me. And that's getting fit. I started Crossfit recently and I've been working on converting my diet to all Paleo. Unfortunately, I'm not in my apartment for the time being as I'm taking care of my cousins kids for the month, and they eat EVERYTHING I'm staying away from. It's been really hard to stay away from all the other crap, but I'm getting there :) When I'm not doing school work I'm online looking up anything and everything Crossfit related. Like I said, obsessed. Currently I'm about 5'7" and weigh 190. Weight isn't the big kicker for me, it's the way that I look, feel, and the way my clothes fit me. I'm a serious shopaholic and I hate that I can't buy all these fabulous clothes because I look awful in them.

That's all about to change though ;)

I feel ya on the clothes thing. When "fitted" clothes aren't actually "fitted" on you, it's really frustrating. Best of luck on your goals! CrossFit sounds fun. My brother is super into it(he's an instructor or something) and it leads him to all sorts of different activites.

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

Welcome fellow Texan! Glad to have you here. :) We've got a pretty active subset of crazy CFers on the boards who are more than willing to help you out and share in your daily WOD pain.

If you need help, just ask, we're mostly harmless.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I'm from Texas too and I know EXACTLY what you mean about looking awful in all those cute clothes...I won't buy anything fitted anymore because I'm so self conscious about pudge. Here's to looking great in all of them in a few months!

[table=width: 500]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3

[Current Challenge]

[/table]

Hey hey! Welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you need from Advice to motivation, just don't hesitate to ask! The road to perfect health is a tedious and long path, so just stick to your guns and don't lose all hope and faith if you mess up here or there. We'll be rooting for you!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Archived