Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow fitness nerds! My name is Mary and I'm jumping into this lifestyle-change thing with both feet. I'm a 27 year old IT professional in Texas. I'm about 5' 6" and my starting weight is 160...a number that finally smacked me in the face and made me realize that it WAS possible for that number to keep climbing higher.

While I have a shorter term goal of losing 20 lbs (or as much of it as I can, healthily) in a little over 2 months for my first-ever cruise with my boyfriend and several friends on August 13th, what I really want is to create lasting habits and a sustainable lifestyle. I stumbled across Nerd Fitness when I googled "paleo for beginners" and promptly decided to purchase the Rebel Fitness Guide. I devoured it in a few hours that evening and got started this weekend, joining a gym, clearing out the junk in my pantry and doing my first workout. I wanted to get started in here as well, since I know community will be a big part of helping me stay on track.

So...hi! I'm totally interested in making friends, being buddies, encouraging and being encouraged. Don't be a stranger, y'all.

[table=width: 500]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3

[Current Challenge]

[/table]

Hey Miss Mary! Welcome :) A cruise, how exciting! Where do you get to go? Going on a cruise is one of my bucket list goals.

Good on you for working towards a sustainable lifestyle... it's something I've just realised myself. I've always worked to a goal and once I achieved it, i didn't have a plan to maintain. Not any more :)

So what's your plan to get ready for the cruise?

Level 2 Adventurer ║ STR: 1 ║ DEX: 1 ║ STA: 2.25 ║ CON: 3.75 ║ WIS: 8 ║ CHA: 6.25

Current quest - round 2, again!

Bucket listFacebookPinterest

Hey Tekilla, thanks for the reply :)

We're cruising out of Galveston, TX in the Caribbean. It's a 5-day cruise with port cities in Progresso and Cozumel in Mexico and I am SO EXCITED. I have been begging my boyfriend to go on a vacation for almost 2 years and we're finally going!

My plan is to follow the advice in the Rebel Fitness guide and do the workouts included there. I'm working to remove grains and processed foods from my diet entirely, but taking smaller steps to get there. First step is to get rid of bread, pasta and potatoes - 3 days down so far! I did my first Rebel Rookie workout yesterday and will be attempting to complete those three times a week (and level up from Rookie), as well as 30 days of SOME kind of cardio on 3 other days (tonight I'm taking the dog on a "power" walk). I really love everything I've read on Nerd Fitness so far and it's helping me stay excited and inspired about these changes.

[table=width: 500]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3

[Current Challenge]

[/table]

Hey hey! Welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you need from Advice to motivation, just don't hesitate to ask! The road to perfect health is a tedious and long path, so just stick to your guns and don't lose all hope and faith if you mess up here or there. We'll be rooting for you!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Archived