Forums are back in action! ×

This is Sparta!!!!!!

Oops, wrong place...but seriously that's how I ended up here in a roundabout way. I'm younger at heart than many of my peers and that led me to a Spartan Race, among the other shenanigans I enjoy, which led me to my current injured state. I've been active and relatively fit (sometimes super fit) for the past 10yrs and appreciate all my body does for me. Until now and I'm learning a new level of gratitude for my health after completely avulsing my hamstrings on my right leg during the Spartan Race (5/5). That led to surgery (5/17) to reattach my lovely hammies and a month+ of different level of activity. I'm on crutches for at least 4wks, no driving, no lower body exercise (walking, running, yoga, biking, hiking). On the plus side I figured out how to do one-legged pushups and plenty of upper body/core stuff as well as crutching all over the place...ahhhh patience, my life lesson.

This has also provided me AMPLE time to sit and dwell on stuff and dream about the day I'm able to restart "light" activity. I'm more grateful than ever for my body's baseline ability and knowing that in 6-12mos I will be close to 100% :) That being said I'm more conscious than ever of the impact of my diet and how I feel as I'm inactive and allowing my body to heal.

I have a friend who's been doing the paleo thing for a bit and I got curious. From what I've found I <3 it and it's pretty similar to how I live generally but now it's time for me to step up my game and create some GOALS during my recovery.

1. I want to do a pull up (no girly flexed arm hang) - I'm more the warrior type and lift and can do plenty of pushups but the pull up has always been a sticking point (maybe it's mental b/c I'm female but seriously...PULL UP)

2. Lose 15# - ~10# gained during board prep, move, and newly sedentary life :/

3. Allow my hamstrings to heal properly and rehab appropriately (instead of push it and experience an unnecessary setback)

This is it for now...I have longer term goals and as I relearn what I am able to do I'll tackle those!

Cara

Hey hey! Welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you need from Advice to motivation, just don't hesitate to ask! The road to perfect health is a tedious and long path, so just stick to your guns and don't lose all hope and faith if you mess up here or there. For pull-up Mastery, you'll need Biceps, Triceps, and back muscles rather developed, so you can start attempting pullups or you can do exercises that builds these muscle regions and attempt pull-ups afterward, either way We'll be rooting for you!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

House arrest? Don't tell me you actually kicked someone into the Pit of Death!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Bwahahaha...I wish it was that cool. I kicked my own ass into a pit of mud and tore my hamstrings off. Now I'm on crutches and supposed to be non-weight bearing/no driving x 4wks....but I feel so good now that I have a feeling I may be venturing past the rules soon.

oh ha ha ha, You had me believing that you really were under house arrest! I was starting to think that we had a trouble-maker in our midst! Man, Sucks about the Hamstrings! just Take this time to rest fully and start your plan when you're able to get back on your feet! Don't push yourself too hard, the last thing you want just after getting healed is to get injured again, give it time. and you'll be alright!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Archived