Forums are back in action! ×

12 week work weight loss challenge

12 week work challenge. I started primal/paleo around the time the weight loss thing start so I thought "what the hell, why not?" My original weigh in was 231 lbs and my final weigh in today was 189. 42 lbs in 12 weeks with little effort other than diet. I started out working out but got burned of energy alternating between day shift and night shift. They announce the winner tomorrow.

The only difference between a rut and a grave is depth.

That's awesome! We're having a 12 week weight loss challenge at my work starting June 11. If I do even half as well as you, I'll be so psyched! You did amazing! Go you!!!

"What you want is irrelevant; what you've chosen is at hand." - Spock

Absolutely. I plan on sticking to the paleo/primal mind-set. I have lost some pounds, but I'm still pretty fluffy. For the next six-week challenge I plan on infiltrating the strength guild and building muscle. As far as primal eating/lifestyle goes it has become a moral dilemma. I have read Michael Pollan's "Omnivore's Dilemma" during my night shift down time, and it has been a good eye opening experience. I don't want to become some sort of foodie whack job (there are way to many of those), but with the mass commercialization and industrialization of an 'organic' marketplace I have to figure whom I'm actually helping. Long story short, I feel awesome and much healthier, I enjoy the lifestyle, it makes perfect sense. However, it led me to research food and where it comes from, and this has been disturbing on multiple levels. But I am going to keep digging and improving myself and thinking of ways to improve food. End rant.

The only difference between a rut and a grave is depth.

What a great avg wt loss. Congrats!! Is that your final goal weight, or are you going to keep going?

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wherever you go, there you are.

FSJJunkie (FSJ = Full Size Jeep)

Spartan Scout w/ assassin tendencies

STR:7.75 DEX:7.33 STA:14 CON:5 WIS:7.5 CHA:4

Multisport Athlete (Triathlon/Duathlon/Offroad Triathlon/Adventure)

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

Archived