Forums are back in action! ×

Denim suggestions

scotticus

Depending on what you're looking to spend, The Buckle has great jeans. My dad's favorite fit are the Aidens. They are made by BKE. And even though they can be expensive, they last forever. Seriously. And if the Aidens don't work, they have at least a half dozen other fits and a dozen other brands that might.

If you've got the money buckle makes jeans in EVERY SINGLE CUT, my wife gets to take me there once a year because getting the right fit takes honestly an hour, service is great.

If you are medium on money go to Gap, they have some good dark jeans that look trendy with out the Ed Hardy, and i've taken my pair rock climbing and they did great.

If you are poor go to walmart and get Levis.

Warrior LVL 3

STR: 16.75 DEX: 4 STA: 4 CON: 2 WIS: 8 CHA: 3

Current Challenge: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17857-Trad-s-Don-t-drop-that-dun-dun-dun

Current Maxes (lbs):

Spoiler

Squat: 380

Front Squat: 300

Bench: 265

Overhead Press: 155

Deadlift: 455

Clean & Jerk: 225

Snatch: 155

Have you considered the Kirkland jeans at Costco? If you are changing sizes often (losing fat/adding muscle) they don't cost much, and they seem pretty "generous" in the thigh... just plain old straight legs, too.

No, these aren't the jeans you wear for a date - these are just jeans for work/puttering in the garage.

This was the last pair of jeans I bought because I try to buy American whenever possible*. Very sturdy and nicely made, I highly recommend them. Unless, like the original poster, you have squater's booty or bike racer's quads. Even their baggiest jeans weren't big enough for my quads (32" waist/ 20.5" quads).

*If you're curious as to why, it boils down to my salary being paid by public dollars so I try to support the people who support me.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

If 505s fit your legs you need to step your game up until 569s are they only thing you can squeeze into.

I'm working on it - slow and steady :) As it stands the amount of room in the 505s is perfect - any further quad growth will distrupt the fit.

Depends on how much you want to spend. Denim can get damn expensive, I used to have a bad additction. Selvage doesn't necissarily denote quality either, but it's a cool feature and I always look for it. My strongest recommendation would be APC New Standards. I'm on my second pair of raw ones, the originals have fadded really well, and are still going strong after 5 years of solid use. Only downside is, they aren't $40 jeans, they're more like $200.

These sound awesome! The sort of thing past me would have jumped on in a second :) However, "dad" me has a much more modest budget...

This was the last pair of jeans I bought because I try to buy American whenever possible*. Very sturdy and nicely made, I highly recommend them. Unless, like the original poster, you have squater's booty or bike racer's quads. Even their baggiest jeans weren't big enough for my quads (32" waist/ 20.5" quads).

*If you're curious as to why, it boils down to my salary being paid by public dollars so I try to support the people who support me.

I usually try to buy stuff that's made in north america as well - that's one of the reasons that I'm so into outlier.cc!

You might also want to check out the link that ETF posted early on. There's a company that the article links to (indi, I think) that looks completely off the hook. Customized based on you measurements! If my pockets were a bit fatter right now, I'd have tried these for sure.

I can contain myself no longer: jeggings. Pajama jeans.

There. Somebody had to say it. And you'll be comfortable during the zombie apocalypse.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I can contain myself no longer: jeggings. Pajama jeans.

There. Somebody had to say it. And you'll be comfortable during the zombie apocalypse.

I could see myself having the same issue with them that I have with women's jeans with any kind of "stretch" added to them. You put them on and they're a 6, when you take them off they're a 10!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I could see myself having the same issue with them that I have with women's jeans with any kind of "stretch" added to them. You put them on and they're a 6, when you take them off they're a 10!

Preach it! Stretch jeans piss me off, but anything else wont fit over my thighs to get to my waist (thanks, volleyball). But going belt-less is impossible because of how stretched out they get.

Skinny jeans.

*snickers*

is funnier than 3lb weights...

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Archived