Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all! I was pulled into this site by Staci's story, which totally inspired me!

I've been a runner for the past few years, but I've gotten kind of burnt out over the last 6 months or so, as my distance running seems to be causing me to gain weight instead of lose it. So although I can bang out a half marathon tomorrow if I had to, I'm actually at the heaviest weight I've been in years. I've been feeling uncomfortable and frustrated.

I've started The New Rules of Lifting, combined with shorter, more high intensity workouts, and I've lost two pounds so far. The lifting has really given me a confidence boost that I needed, and I'm truly enjoying it. I'm hoping to get down at least 10 pounds before early August when I start training for the NYC marathon (again!).

I don't do any crazy diets or eating plans...I follow around 1400-1500 calories a day on My Fitness Pal. Excited to join the community, and any advice, commiseration, or just general cheering is much appreciated :)

Hey hey Welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you need from advice to Motivation just don't hesitate to ask! Heh, it appears you already have your weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse! Good for you! Now let's work on the rest, See you around!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Archived