Forums are back in action! ×

Lunges replacement?

So, long stupid story short I have minor arthritis in my right foot. Turns out I never noticed it except when I tried doing lunges. It's a gout related thig so I'm severely hesitant to just try to work through it. The depressing thing is I've only had a single gout attack and it was two years ago, and I'm just noticing now.

It's not an excruciating pain or anything, but it's a certain loss of mobility and uncomfortable for the foot portion of the lunge (it's only my right foot, and ONLY for lunges). Something about the specific motion of going from flat foot to ball to points aggravates it.

I was aiming for the body weight routine posted here because it kicks my ass and is free, but I don't want to just drop lunges, or only do them with one leg, or only do the half heartedly. Is there a similar exercise I can do?

I'm fine with footwork in general, I can do pushups and planks and walk on the balls of my feet etc. it's ONLY lunges that hurt.

Wow. Hindu squats look killer. I'll give those a try! If I'm Using the body weight workout here as a base, should I keep the normal squats as well? Seems like Hindu squats are going to cover them. If not, I guess workout would look something like pushups, Hindu squats, rows, plank, and jumping jacks? Or should I throw something else in?

Check your form are you lunging correctly?

Don't let your front knee pass your foot

keep balance and power in forward foot, the back foot is just to keep you from falling over.

upright torso

all that jazzz

Warrior LVL 3

STR: 16.75 DEX: 4 STA: 4 CON: 2 WIS: 8 CHA: 3

Current Challenge: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17857-Trad-s-Don-t-drop-that-dun-dun-dun

Current Maxes (lbs):

Spoiler

Squat: 380

Front Squat: 300

Bench: 265

Overhead Press: 155

Deadlift: 455

Clean & Jerk: 225

Snatch: 155

Archived