Forums are back in action! ×

Euro Cup!!! Who's watching?

cline

The where's waldo jerseys?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Guest Snake McClain
The where's waldo jerseys?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Lol yes. I just saw them and thought "rugby jerseys. Looks tough."

So, first couple of days done and some interesting matches. I did a UEFA you pick tournament and I'm, ahem, not doing well. Am in the middle of the pack. Naturally, I'd picked the Netherlands. *sigh*

BIG match today! whoo hoo!!!! I'm going on what we refer to as "news blackout" soon. We record the game and then watch in the evening. Requires careful avoidance of the news. Also requires husband to forewarn all his co-workers (many English and many European) that we are on blackout today. Should be a great match.

Spain/Italy was a pretty good match yesterday.

Did anyone here Lexi at the half describe the midfield as looking like his 6 yo daughter's team? Too funny.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I like how this year there is almost no expectation for England to do well at all. Based on the rubbish I've seen over the weekend, we could actually stand a chance. But I'm going to be very English and pessimistic about the whole thing. We probably haven't got a hope in hell :-p

Ha ha! You guys are hilarious! I love the idea that maybe given the weekend's play, England might stand a chance. Tis funny. And alas, is true.

As for sunny weather and a nice temperature, eh.... it's just as miserable here as well.

And you have the Olympics coming.... :ambivalence: should make London in July lots of fun.... my husband company has actually stopped work travel during that time so he's got to get in and out to UK and Spain in the next two weeks.

I AM going the distance

I'm finding that two good matches a day is having a seriously bad effect on both my alcohol consumption and the amount of exercise I get. Really quite worrying.

England were good for about 25 minutes today but once France had control of it things went down hill. This was the toughest group match though and I think we should now get out of it regardless of Rooney's presence.

I was quite surprised to see Shevchenko doing so well tonight. Once he left Chelsea I thought he was as good as done but I was impressed with both goals against Sweden.

Was a decent match all things considered. Did you see Rooney's face after that early missed goal? Priceless. England didn't look too shabby.

I AM going the distance

I'm finding that two good matches a day is having a seriously bad effect on both my alcohol consumption and the amount of exercise I get. Really quite worrying.

Oh me too! First, 2 weeks ago was vacation (included microbrew stops), then I came home to Beer Week here (not kidding). Over the weekend we said "aaahhh back to less beer, better for diet". Then UEFA started.... I pointed out the Tour would be starting soon and my husband said "yeah, but you don't drink beer when you watch the tour". Too funny.

I AM going the distance

i've been doing workouts during halftime so I don't have to listen to Alexi Lalas although he's probably not analysisng the game across the pond

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Human Adventurer

My Bucket List/Epic Quest || Tasty's Reckoning: Becoming Bane

| Str: 6 | Dex: 5.75 | Sta: 5 | Con: 5 | Wis: 10 | Cha: 7 |

well, so it's looking grim for the Netherlands. My my. I have to go spend hours now redoing my UEFA picks/chart (instead of work...)

I AM going the distance

Archived