Forums are back in action! ×

Euro Cup!!! Who's watching?

cline

I'm in the lovely position of having over a hundred Irish relatives and one Italian best friend ... naturally I'll be cheering on Italy. Not that if it matters if Spain Croatia ends up in a miraculous 2-2 draw

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Aye... this cup's gonna kill me.

Spousal unit is in Spain today and England later this week. He's having all the fun in a pub no doubt. I'm stuck at work.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

FIFA needs goal line technology. Just sayin...

spousal unit is in London and quite happy with the win (and what a great goal) but still.... I'm just sayin.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Another vote for goal line technology!

Come on FIFA

I AM going the distance

I think that the extra goal line officials should be enough to spot when it crosses the line if they're halfway competent. It's basically their only job...

But as mentioned previously it was offside last night anyway. I'm at a bit of a loose end without any football on tonight, I've got used to my nightly dose.

has anyone else been dissapointed with the last couple of games, england v. italy and spain v. portugal? yea pk's are exciting but the matches themselves have been a let down.

Also it seems like goal line tech will be approved in the coming weeks, making it available for World Cup 2014

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Human Adventurer

My Bucket List/Epic Quest || Tasty's Reckoning: Becoming Bane

| Str: 6 | Dex: 5.75 | Sta: 5 | Con: 5 | Wis: 10 | Cha: 7 |

Yeah.... games are a tad slow at times. England started out fast enough but really slowed.

Nonetheless, with my lousy picks, I'm #2 in my eurocup pool! Ha ha ha

I AM going the distance

My Italian friends are sooo happy today ... They sent me a picture of merkel cryin at 1 am and I haven't stopped giggling yet

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I was hoping Portugal would make it to the final, I'm sick of seeing Spain winning everything without even appearing to try. As a Manchester United fan I do love Ronaldo too, it would've been good to see him lift the trophy.

I guess I'll be cheering for Italy on Sunday then. I'm usually pretty dismissive of Italian football but they've actually been great in the knockout rounds so far, I forgot how good Pirlo can be. I actually have Spain in a sweepstake but I think I'd rather see Italy win and miss out on that £10.

I agree that some of the matches have been a bit below-par, though I felt like the Spain Portugal match was tense enough to be enjoyable by 0-0 standards.

I was hoping Portugal would make it to the final, I'm sick of seeing Spain winning everything without even appearing to try. As a Manchester United fan I do love Ronaldo too, it would've been good to see him lift the trophy.

I guess I'll be cheering for Italy on Sunday then. I'm usually pretty dismissive of Italian football but they've actually been great in the knockout rounds so far, I forgot how good Pirlo can be. I actually have Spain in a sweepstake but I think I'd rather see Italy win and miss out on that £10.

I agree that some of the matches have been a bit below-par, though I felt like the Spain Portugal match was tense enough to be enjoyable by 0-0 standards.

I wanted 0 Mediterranean teams in the final. Historically all of those countries have too much diving and going into hysterics when the ref doesn't call it.

Archived