Forums are back in action! ×

Cool Tarot kickstarter project

weirdquark

I wanted to plug a project a friend of mine is doing called the New Tarot. The deadline is in a few days and is still short of their goal.

The New Tarot is a deck of 77 cards, designed to be a "sequel" to the traditional Tarot: all the cards and concepts are new, but it follows the classic Tarot structure. There are twenty-one new Major Arcana, numbered from XXII to XLII, and four new suits of Minor Arcana.

The Major Arcana of the Tarot proper are often understood as the way-stations of a "Fool's Journey" towards self-knowledge and self-mastery. The Major Arcana of the New Tarot are meant to encapsulate a second and more outward-focused leg of that journey, in which the newly enlightened Fool steps out into the world to explore and to make his dreams a reality.

Given the theme of working towards your goals and turning your dreams into reality, I thought it might appeal to folks here. (In addition, my a-capella group was the inspiration for one of the cards, because we're just that awesome.)

Archived