Forums are back in action! ×

It's 2012 -- Time to get in shape I guess...

Hi all. My name's Nat, I'm 23, 5'4, and 225lbs and looking to finally get back in shape (Does running around at 9 years old count as being in shape? I'm counting it). I got a full time job back in July of 2011 which consists of sitting at a desk for 8hrs (and we're on the 4th floor and I don't even take the steps) and decided to join up with the Lifetime Fitness across the street that November in an attempt to get properly healthy because hey, I'm 23 and unhealthy. Not good. So after several months of *maybe* going to the gym once a month, I finally got my mom on board with the whole work out thing and dear god, today was day three and I am *dying*.

Our Plan:

M/W/Fri: 6am to 7am - TEAM Weightloss: Pretty much straight cardio. Walking on the treadmill with weights and resistance bands.

Tuesdays: 6am to 7:30am - Personal Trainer: Strength training! Yoga balls! Resistance bands! Medicine balls. All that fun stuff.

Thursdays: Whatever workout we decide to do for however long we're doing.

I'm not going on any particular diet. I've pretty much eliminated junk food from my diet, I'm a tea/water/homemade fruit smoothie person and sticking to 3ozprotein/veggies and a 1/4 cup carbs per meal. I'm not being super strict but I'm still trying. My trainer is on the Paleo diet and maybe I'll migrate there eventually but I figure one step at a time, right?

So... hi!

Hi Nat! Welcome! I'm brand new this week too. I've noticed tons of people on here are on Paleo, but I'm not on any particular diet either. I mean, good on them, but I'm just not ready to make that sort of jump yet. It's good to know though if you or I ever ARE ready, there seem to be lots and lots of people out there to share information. Anyway, good luck on your goals and also hi back! Hooray for fitness!

Welsome Nat! I'm not eating paleo either (yet?) but my I attribute much of my success thus far to a near total avoidance of sugar and processed grain.

The first few days suck. A lot. But hang in there! It gets better and you become stronger and more capable.

I am going to challenge you to go ahead and climb those stairs to your office at least once a day. I decided last November that I was going to take the stairs to my condo (6 flights) every day & seeing the difference over the months has been a nice motivator.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Archived