Forums are back in action! ×

Are You Drinking My BROTEIN, Bro...? The Wacky World of ETFnerd...

ETFnerd

found the problem mentioned earlier, some of the sites are restricted from work where the pics came from. i can see them at home, nothing wrong with them, for some reason they just don't like the source or something...go figure. love the motivation in here!

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

THAT is so sad!

My mom lost about 80 pounds or so at one point, stalled and wanted to have lyposuction- $15K worth.

She looked amazing!

Then she decided to eat fast food nearly every day and gained every pound back plus some! Heartbreaking.

Agreed! Just can't imaging backsliding that much - 250lbs!

WickedPixie - Hopefully your mom didn't waste the $15K before she regained it all.

They say it's 80% diet, 20% exercise, but that doesn't take the mental aspect into account, which I think so underestimated.

so often i read about morbidly obese people who have been sexually or physically abused or bullied at an early age. from what i've read, the mind tries to disassociate itself from the body as a defense mechanism, and feelings of shame and guilt cause people to try to destroy the body that was violated by treating it like a trash can...

on top of that society, which failed to protect them as children, sh!ts on these people all over again by marginalizing them because of their body shape... these days i try to be mindful of the unseen circumstances that shape everone's lives, and try to respect everyone because they innately deserve it as a fellow human being... i'm not always successful as some people are really grating... however as one of the earlier slogans said... the goal is not to be perfect... but to be better every day...

i also try to count my blessings every day... :)

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Archived