Forums are back in action! ×

Um, wow. Can this really happen?!

Brometheus

For those of you who know, I've been doing crossfit for 7 months now. I've been slogging away at the various bodyweight exercises...and never really getting super successful at them. But today?

Max weighted pushups

Tabata pushups

I thought I couldn't do a pushup. Got down, and managed to crank out two! Then worked up to 6 reps with 35# on my back! Then managed to do 20 more regular pushups during the tabata work! (20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 8 rounds).

I also had my coach tell me "dude, you've really improved your work capacity". This is all after managing to squat 440# yesterday. We're doing an actual max test next week. What's next?!?!

'Bear! Awesome!!

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

That sounds great Clawed_BEar.

Can you also share with us your starting and current stats?

(squats, deadlifts, pull ups, bodyfat % etc etc).

Also what did you do for 7 months? Crossfit WODs and anything else?

Thanks!

I have no idea what my bf % is. I know i've lost some inches and stuff in the past months. Started crossfit in October, got serious last month. Still weight about the same (310~).

Presses have stayed the same (100~), added 300~ on my squat (testing Thursday, can do around 440~ right now), about 100~ to my deadlift (285~). Should see some more improvement in that area soon!

Oh, also fit into an XL shirt today. Awesome feeling! 2 weeks of doing the whole30 and bam! Everything's better!

awesome work on the 440# squat mate! and grats on pushups, now you can start doing the ol "drop and give me 20" everywhere you go xD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

added 300~ on my squat (testing Thursday, can do around 440~ right now), about 100~ to my deadlift (285~).

300 lbs progress in 7 months for the squat!!!! That's crazy!!!

In addition to your WODs, did you also do specialized strength training?

Archived