Forums are back in action! ×

Heck yeah, Palio diet!

So my w00t! moment this week came when I got my body fat tested. Background: I have been at 25% or higher body fat most of my life.

This week I hit 19.7%, which is the lowest I've been since I was about 7 years old. About 1% of that loss is since going Paleo two weeks ago, which is much quicker than I lost the last 6% or so. It took me years, literally, to shave off that other 6% or so, with my old crappy diet and the same (or more!) exercise.

Seriously, good diet, just get used to it!

~Chris

So my w00t! moment this week came when I got my body fat tested. Background: I have been at 25% or higher body fat most of my life.

This week I hit 19.7%, which is the lowest I've been since I was about 7 years old. About 1% of that loss is since going Paleo two weeks ago, which is much quicker than I lost the last 6% or so. It took me years, literally, to shave off that other 6% or so, with my old crappy diet and the same (or more!) exercise.

Seriously, good diet, just get used to it!

~Chris

First off, Woot woot!!!

Second, how do you measure body fat? You have the calipers or is it at the Dr.'s?

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.

First off, Woot woot!!!

Second, how do you measure body fat? You have the calipers or is it at the Dr.'s?

Hey Jaswandi! My gym has a body composition testing machine that gets as good of results as the Dr.'s office. They don't know it yet, but they've been helping me Nerd-track my results for weeks! I've also learned how to use their machine, so I don't even really ask them anymore. :-P

Thanks everyone for the support!

UPDATE!

Tested today and since the June 8th post I have:

Lost another 1.5% body fat (-2.4o lbs of fat mass) and gained +3.8 lbs of fat free/lean mass.

Current BF%: 18.2

Total loss since 5/24/2012 (started Paleo): -2.2%

3.2 percentage points to goal! <----- That thought helped me replace the cookie that was going into my lunch, with an orange instead.

~Chris

UPDATE!

Tested today and since the June 8th post I have:

Lost another 1.5% body fat (-2.4o lbs of fat mass) and gained +3.8 lbs of fat free/lean mass.

Current BF%: 18.2

Total loss since 5/24/2012 (started Paleo): -2.2%

3.2 percentage points to goal! <----- That thought helped me replace the cookie that was going into my lunch, with an orange instead.

~Chris

Great work!!

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.

Archived