Forums are back in action! ×

New and Nervous

This is a big step for me. Sure that is easy to say sitting on the couch thinking about working out, but I mean it.

I am 24 and last month I hit the highest weight of my life. At a height of 5'8'' I weighed in at 190lbs. I have always hovered between 170 and 180 but this is a new low (or high) for me.

I know that changes need to be made, I do work out....maybe 2 days a week. I am terribly inconsistent. I am not a big fan of the word diet... so I have been tracking my calories in MyFitnessPal and I have been loosing about 2 lbs a week for 2-3 weeks only to hit a bump in the road and gain back 5.

I need more than what I have been doing and this is my best chance.

I look forward to getting started...

~Cait Harte

Welcome!! Any positive change in your habits is a win - so keep up with your new behaviors, even if you are not perfect .... or even close!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Good work on your weight loss so far! I agree, the word "diet" should be ripped viciously out of every dictionary on the planet. I hit a bump in the road last year, lasting me about 6 months and making me sick, so I feel your pain. Slow and steady wins the race! It may feel like you're not making any progress, but a month from now, you'll be able to look back and say "wow, I really was getting somewhere!" Just keep plugging away, and you'll suddenly realize you've accomplished a lot. Best of luck to you!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Good job on your progress so far. Try not to focus on the scales so much. Go on how you feel and how you look. So many thing can change your weight from day to day. There is no need to beat yourself up over the daily ups and downs every day. Keep up the good work!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived