Forums are back in action! ×

Echo - Origin

Hiyas guys! My name is Echo (obviously) and I've been reading the Nerd Fitness articles for about two years now. Compared to some of the rebels here, I'm younger than most, but I'm taking the Rules of the Rebellion to heart. My main goals: Make the full transition to Primal Eating by the beginning of the new school year (August 27), begin training 3 days a week every week for parkour including conditioning.. These are it, for now. I've actually already attempted going Paleo last summer, but basically starved because of lack of food at home. >_< This time, I'm trying to make the change a lot slower, by replacing small foods one by one. Rice and spaghetti are the banes of my existence... So delicious~ But that's not the point. I hope I'll have and can give lots of support to all of the rebels here, and I'll try to stay accountable and motivated.

---Echo

I heard that when things were painful for her, she’d cover her ears with headphones and escape to the world of music. I tried it too. It was like everything was blown away. The vocals screamed for me. They grieved for me. The ones who put on the act of common sense were wrong. Those who cried were right. We, the lonely were more human. They screamed at the absurd, beat it down, and destroyed it. They saved me.Iwasawa Masami (Angel Beats!) 

Race: OtakuClass: AssassinWeight: 129-Ish lbs.Theme Song: I'm ALIVE! -BeccaSTR: 2DEX: 3STA: 2CON: 3WIS: 4CHA: 3

Hey hey! Welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you need from advice to motivation, just don't hesitate to ask. Aha! So now you have your plan set, right? Now you move from Phase 1 to Phase 2, via those Underwear Gnomes! So for now what are your steps for achieving these goals? And we'll make sure you're accountable :tongue: See you around!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Thanks guys~ I think my phase two for the eating primally will be to cook for myself more often, and find cheap recipes. Since I don't have a job yet, a lot of this is relying on my parents and their money, which can be hard. I decided to wait specifically until summer started since I didn't have anything to brown-bag to school, either. My goals for parkour are to be able to do 5-6 pullups in one set without rest (I can barely do chin-ups, no pull-ups though). I wish to improve my endurance as well, I really can't run for a long period of time. What are the challenges, also?

I heard that when things were painful for her, she’d cover her ears with headphones and escape to the world of music. I tried it too. It was like everything was blown away. The vocals screamed for me. They grieved for me. The ones who put on the act of common sense were wrong. Those who cried were right. We, the lonely were more human. They screamed at the absurd, beat it down, and destroyed it. They saved me.Iwasawa Masami (Angel Beats!) 

Race: OtakuClass: AssassinWeight: 129-Ish lbs.Theme Song: I'm ALIVE! -BeccaSTR: 2DEX: 3STA: 2CON: 3WIS: 4CHA: 3

Hi Echo!

Well, Paleo is certainly not cheap, to say the least. If you go fully organic-paleo it can get pretty expensive. But there are ways to keep your costs down, I guess.

The only thing I know is that I managed to go full paleo in 48 hours because of a very ambitious goal; I'm still trying to perfect my paleo shopping- and cooking skills. Still, it should be possible to do it quite quickly!

If you're afraid of falling of the wagon however it is maybe better to do it step by step like Steve advises in his blog posts. Good luck with your 'mission'!

- You only live once... so kick ass while you can

Archived