Forums are back in action! ×

time to level up

hey, im chris a 15 year old boy that would love to level up his life. I have been reading the articles from the main site for quite a while and it has deffenetely inspired me to do something about my physical condition, i wouldnt say i was unhealthy and im not overwieght but I do say that i want to be a whole lot better, because i no longer want to be the nerd that has the social skills of a piranha but the kid that looks great and has ability to do more. My goal is to pack on some muscle but i guess, even though ive been reading through the articles i still dont know how i should start because i dont know what i should be eating to optimize my chances of success and i dont want to go into the battle without as much advantage as possible. So if i could achieve the knowledge that would allow me to enhace my abilities then i would have already leveled up and more importantly, i would have been given the knowledge to finally allow myself to atempt to achieve my goals.

I'm not even going to pretend to know what to tell you to be eating. It's always been my weak point. All I can really say is eat natural things. If it comes in a wrapper, can, etc, then you probably don't need to eat it. Remember when you start lifting weights to go light weight and focus on form first. This will keep you from injuring yourself and also you'll build good habits right at the beginning.

P.S. Welcome! lol

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Welcome, Chris! You sound like you have my social life :) I agree, trying to sort out what to eat can be really difficult, and that paralyzed me for a loooooong time. Based on my own experience, I totally agree with Sumdawgtwigg, go as natural as you can. When I started, I cut white flour and sugar, and it made me feel stronger even without exercise. Just start doing something, and things tend to snowball from there. Good luck!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Welcome!

Social skill are highly overrated!

For food it is easy. Eat clean, eat pure.....as sumdawgtwigg said, eat natural foods as much as possible. Stay away from food drinks that have chemicals in them, that have high fructose corn syrup in them, etc.

And yeah I know...at 15 if someone told me to eat this way, I would have thought...ewwww natural food tastes horrible. Actually it doesn't if you eat the right ones :)

good luck and welcome!

Archived