Forums are back in action! ×

Concert season

ThePuma

My favorite time of year- concert season. I can't wait to see some of my favorite bands play! I'm most excited to see Incubus with Linkin Park headlining. So, who are you excited see play live?

Gnome Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 2/DEX 1/STA 2/CON 4/WIS 4/CHA 2

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

There are a number of bands coming to Calgary this summer. The Stampede is bringing in groups like AWOLNATION, Mother Mother, The Trews, Carly Rae Jepsen, Seether, etc. That's gonna be awesome. Then we have another event called X-Fest and they're bringing in Linkin Park, Young the Giant, Incubus, Silversun Pickups, fun., The Joy Formidable, and Mute Math.

And yes, I'm going to all of them. :)

OMG OMG OMG MC CHRIS in Iowa City! SO totally going AND i asked a boy to go with me and he agreed AND he knew who it is AND he played Nrrd Girl on the jukebox AND OMG I AM GOING TO THE CONCERT WITH AN EQUALLY NERDY BOY!! so excited!! It's like a real date and everything!! AND I ASKED HIM!!

**slightly tipsy happy dancing**

*** please place your autograph on the line _____ ; so I can sell it on EBAY when you are famous ***

wow, I've got Pearl Jam, Train, and Neil Young (hey! he's awesome) already lined up.

Bonnie Raitt on Saturday.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I wish I could see the KISS & Motley Crue tour...but alas they aren't coming near my humble state.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

I can't wait to see Train. The other big concert for me is Nickelback, Bush, and Seether. That will be excellent!

Gnome Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 2/DEX 1/STA 2/CON 4/WIS 4/CHA 2

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No big ticket acts lined up this year for me, but I try to make it out to local shows a bit more often during the summer. I'm not sure my hearing can take too many more big concerts.

2 words... ear plugs. I've been wearing them since the late 80s when I was watching Pantera in clubs when they were a cover band. I'm 44 and still have good hearing. I've seen bunch of concerts in my hometown(KISS, poison, dlr, nickleback, blue murder, Alice, OzzY, godsmack, Uncle Ted...etc) all with earplugs, and no post concert ear ringing!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Archived