Forums are back in action! ×

<waves shyly>

Hi there. I stumbled across this site while hunting for info in the Paleo lifestyle; it looks pretty awesome so here I am. :)

I need to get healthier; I've got a three year old son with the energy of a thousand suns and I want to keep up with him! Not only that, I need to be showing him the right way to take care of himself and I haven't been doing that.

I've been running kind of off and on for the last couple years. Enough to enter a couple of races, but not enough to really accomplish anything. My current goals are a half marathon in Nov, and sometime in the next year, a full marathon and an ultra, all on trails. Hopefully a sprint triathlon is somewhere in my not-too-distant future.

I'm noodling around and gathering info on the Paleo diet this week, and am planning to commit to it next week (gotta wait for a paycheck!).

Anyway, I hope to get to know some of you and be able to encourage you on your adventures, as well as getting some encouragement of my own.

Thanks, and good evening!

Welcome Stormy!

Glad to have you aboard :)

Good luck on the paleo, I have been at it for over 2 years now and it works great for me. I love it.

You just joined at the end of a challenge we have here on the boards. They are lots of fun, and push us to do more, with tons of encouragement and fun. There is a new challenge coming up soon I believe, look out for it and see if it is something you might want to join...they are all for fun in the end, but can help with motivation.

Hey hey! Welcome Stormy, Welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help with anything you need from Advice to Motivation via a carrot on a stick infront of you :tongue: Just don't hesitate to ask. Other than eating Paleo, do you have other goals? It really helps if you lay them out for you, or having others to make sure you're still on the right path. See you around

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Welcome and good luck keeping up with your kid ... I've been told it gets easier ... once they turn 30 or so my mother told me ;)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived