Forums are back in action! ×

This is Me.

Just a quick introduction - I've been working my way through all the articles on the site and decided that it'd probably be a good idea to get involved in the forum here too.

It all started with my approaching 30 and trying to lose some weight and get fitter. I've followed the paleo diet but not ruthlessly as my wife can't/won't follow it and we need to eat together:love-struck: That helped me drop from 105kgs to 100 and lose about 15cm from around my stomach. It's not quite as bad as it sounds as I'm fairly tall (190cm) so always carried it well.

I started the Couch to 5k program of running about 10 weeks ago and got to the 30 minute (approx 5k run) and have since been able to run less often but managed to increase the speed and duration when I have run. I've entered my first 5k race which is on the 15th July '12. The running is motivated mostly by living near to a forest and feeling that being able to run for half an hour is a pretty basic fitness goal.

I've also joined a weight training gym and started following the Stronglifts 5x5 program. I've no ambitions to ever compete in this area really but I've got my own goals. I want to get to body weight for the military press, a 200kg squat a 250kg deadlift and a 150kg bench press. Long term goals certainly but I'm 25% of the way there. I think getting to using the big plates is a psychological goal and then trying to get to bodyweight in each area. I also have an odd goal in that I'd like to be able to lift my wife overhead :)

Nomad Ranger

Height 6'3†(190cm)

Weight 220lbs (100kg)

Waist 40†(102cm)

Age 29

STR 3 DEX 2

STA 3 CON 5

WIS 6 CHA 2

The Ranger must strike from the shadows, appearing today where the enemy expects him tomorrow. He strikes like the hawk, breaking his prey with a single blow yet above all must also have the wisdom to know when and why he must attack

My Current Challenge. Killing 2000 boars

My first (failed) challenge

I also have an odd goal in that I'd like to be able to lift my wife overhead :)

As long as you aren't looking into using your wife as a shot put as well, I think that's pretty awesome :)

EightDigit - Level 1 Dwarven RangerSTR: 3 | DEX : 3 | STA : 3 | CON : 2 | WIS : 2 | CHA : 2Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade.-Rudyard KiplingBattleLog | G+ Account 

Archived