Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there!

I'm new around here but my sister has been registered for a while.

A bit about myself: I'm 27 years old, I live in London and I love running! I did my first half marathon back in March this year (The Adidas Silverstone Half) in a time of 2:16 and am hoping to beat it at my next event in October. My aim is to knock about 6 minutes off my last time.

I'm looking to improve my running hopefully with some helpful advice around here, and generally improve my fitness.

Hey hey! Welcome to the Rebellion, RunningGirl! Here we can help you with anything from Advice to Motivation via having a Zombie chasing you. Just don't hesitate to ask! How do you plan on shaving off those seconds, if you don't mind my asking?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Practice, practice, practice :) If I'm honest I really didn't train as much as I should have for my first half. The furthest I'd run during training was 6 miles and I was stopping quite a bit to catch my breath during the race. I think if I really work hard over the next five months, I could cut off quite a few minutes :) I've also bought an actual proper pair of running shoes. I think just not running with bricks on my feet should certainly help! Despite my lack of training and shoddy equipment, I was still pretty pleased with my time and the only injury I came away with was a black toenail.

I'm excited to see your training leading up to your next marathon! Running is what I really love to do. I'd offer you some advice but it really seems you're ahead of me. What kind of mileage were you putting in a week leading up to your first marathon? Just curious. Anyway, welcome!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I'm excited to see your training leading up to your next marathon! Running is what I really love to do. I'd offer you some advice but it really seems you're ahead of me. What kind of mileage were you putting in a week leading up to your first marathon? Just curious. Anyway, welcome!

I was running about 6 miles a few times a week leading up to the half, then in the week of the race I was just doing 3 miles every couple of days as I didn't want to push myself and three miles is a fairly easy run for me. I also took up Zumba classes just to help with my overall stamina so I was basically doing Zumba on a Monday, running 6 miles on a Tuesday, Zumba on Wednesday, 3-6 miles (depending on how tired I was) on Thursdays and resting on Fridays and then cutting down to just 3 miles in the week leading up to the race.

Honestly I had no real plan to speak of, but I do have a lot of motivation which I think pushed me most of the way round the course.

Oooh, I've never had a black toenail yet. Beating half marathon times has been addictive for me but I'm trying a marathon next. Good luck in your training!

It's horrible and it won't go away! The boyfriend got one when he went snowboarding in January as well and his is still there! I've been told I should wear a slightly bigger pair of trainers as my toe bashing on the front of my shoe is probably what caused it.

Thank goodness for nail polish!

Archived