Forums are back in action! ×

Determined to not let any more days go to waste...

Hi everyone!

I am Britt, 30-year-old stay at home mom. I have been on a couple of weight loss message boards before, but always become the person who posts 3 or 4 times and then stops. I am determined to stick with it this time!

A few things about me:

-I have struggled with over-eating and food addiction my whole life. I let food control me.

-The only time in my life that I was actually skinny, I felt fat. Even when I was skinny, I wasn't really fit or healthy, just active enough to stay thin. Now I am 50 lbs overweight and very out of shape, but usually in denial about it.

-I have a family history of obesity, heart disease, diabetes... and am afraid if I don't change, I will be very sick or dead by the time I am 55.

-I am a smart person, and know what I should be doing to get healthy. For some reason, I don't do it.

I know I need to change, and I know I need a support system. So, here I am!!!

Welcome! Have you put a plan of action together yet? set any short/long term goals?

Human Adventurer Level 1

STR - 0() | DEX - 0(+4) | STA - 0() | CON - 0(+4) | WIS - 0(+3) | CHA - 0(+4)

6WC: #02

Twitter

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

-Lao-tzu

"Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't."

-Author Unknown

Nothing is impossible. Even the word itself says "I'm possible"

-Author Unknown

Welcome, Britt! I understand the whole family history thing, that's part of why I'm here. Just start taking small steps, eventually you'll be able to look back and say "wow, look what I've done!" And, as GuruGuy points out, make some plans and set some goals. Doing one thing a week can go a long way, and having an end game makes it easier to decide what to do. Best of luck!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Thanks for the reply, GuruGuy.

I hope to iron out the details of my goals this week, and be ready for the 6 week challenge that starts next week.

Diet: This week I am cutting out added sugar, red meat, and white flour, which seem to be 3 of the things that cause me to overeat and binge eat. I haven't decided what to do for the 6 week challenge. I know I need to increase my vegetable intake, keep added sugar and processed food out of my diet, and track calories.

Fitness: This week I am focusing on being more active. When I am eating right, I seem to automatically do way better with staying active. For the 6 week challenge I will probably do one of the beginner strength training things on here, and add interval training of some sort.

I am always open to suggestions! I want to pick the right thing for me, so that I can stick with it for the 6 weeks and beyond.

Thanks, CakeBanisher.

I think the important thing for me will be putting the goals out there for everyone (on nf and in real life) to see. I believe this will make me more accountable and energized. I have set goals for myself many times, only to give up and forget about them after a week or two. I need to forget about the times I didn't follow through, and focus on now!

Archived