Forums are back in action! ×

What do you do when boredom strikes?

sumdawgtwigg

I watched Monk while I was on holiday as it was pretty much the only thing in English on our tv. I just couldn't get in to it at all.

I Can see how it wouldn't be for everyone. Do you enjoy cops or anything like that? I was really into a show called rookies. Where they followed a group of new cops. Kinda interesting.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Lately I've been reading a lot, proofreading manuscripts (yay side job!), knitting like a fiend while catching up on Netflix shows (Parks & Rec, the Tudors, random food documentaries), learning to tie a bunch of cool knots, and whenever people are over, playing board games.

Learning to tie knots is definitely different. I might give that a try too. What are your favorite board games? We recently found a Mall madness set. lol

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

@ Librarian lol do you ever miss boredom? My favorite creative thing to do is to fix/restore vintage enduro motorcycles. I'm working on one at the moment. However, my limited cash flow keeps me from doing this all the time. So, it sort of comes in bursts. Buy a part, put it on, wait, buy another part, put it on, then repeat. lol

I do sometimes miss boredom, usually when I'm experiencing the opposite emotion (i.e., deep frustration that cannot have an outlet because my child isn't actually trying to enrage me, no matter what it seems like, but dear God do I want to throw something or smash something, but I can't because I'm an adult. Hypothetically).

Have you considered taking up chain mail? It's creative, it's got nerd cred, it's got man cred if you work in the tough metals, but you can also make pretty, intricate jewelry for your girlfriend. Also, not super expensive unless you insist on working in silver, gold, etc.

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

Honestly, I have a hard time getting bored - at least if I'm at home - I've got a todo list a mile long that keeps me going. Luckily most of the stuff on that todo list is stuff I put there to keep me from getting bored. ;)

Stuff like: playing with my kids, playing guitar, video games, running, reading, programming, painting, building a guitar (that's a new one I'm working on)…

I do sometimes miss boredom, usually when I'm experiencing the opposite emotion (i.e., deep frustration that cannot have an outlet because my child isn't actually trying to enrage me, no matter what it seems like, but dear God do I want to throw something or smash something, but I can't because I'm an adult. Hypothetically).

Have you considered taking up chain mail? It's creative, it's got nerd cred, it's got man cred if you work in the tough metals, but you can also make pretty, intricate jewelry for your girlfriend. Also, not super expensive unless you insist on working in silver, gold, etc.

Well, I wish you a moment of boredom in the near future. lol

I have never even thought of that? Any tips on where to look to get started? I really like the idea of it.

Actually just found a pretty good beginner website for chain mail. I really think I could get into this. I think my father has some extra wire stored up in his barn. I already have the tools required, except for a mandrel. That looks like a fun project in itself.

Thanks Librarian!

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Honestly, I have a hard time getting bored - at least if I'm at home - I've got a todo list a mile long that keeps me going. Luckily most of the stuff on that todo list is stuff I put there to keep me from getting bored. ;)

Stuff like: playing with my kids, playing guitar, video games, running, reading, programming, painting, building a guitar (that's a new one I'm working on)…

Are you building your guitar from a kit? Or just all from scratch?

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived