Forums are back in action! ×

I want to be in the best shape of my life as I approach my dirty 30!!!!

Hello everyone!

My name is Stassa and I am 5'3", 29 years old weighing in at 203 currently. I'm from San Jose, CA and currently living in Stockton. I started to get serious about losing weight and becoming healthy on May 7th. I adapted a vegan lifestyle and never looked back :) I was pretty much vegetarian before because I have never cared for eating meat. I feel great! So much energy, happy, motivated, and motivating my fiance too! We just fell in love with JUICING!!!!!!

When I stepped on the scale at my heaviest on May 7th I was up to 217!!! I decided that instant that I was going to change my habits and get my body in shape and healthier. Since then I have lost 14lbs. I do a lot of resistance training with free weights and body weight about 5-6 days a week paired with about 30-45 mins of cardio a day. I love figure skating and just got some new skates so as it heats up, I can hit the skating rink for my cardio. I am so excited!

I noticed the 6 week challenge that is coming up so I would love to be in on it!

My ultimate long term goal is to be as fit & healthy as Staci, her success story is really very refreshing and motivating!

My short term goal is to drop 30lbs by my dirty 30 bday on Dec 8th!

Any thoughts and advice is appreciated.... I look forward to this journey of amazing health.

Welcome, Stassa! Yay you for all your motivation! Also, it's great that you have something you like doing that gets you active! Stick at it, you can totally meet your short term goal, and I imagine any long term goals you set after it :) Best of luck!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Welcome, Stassa! You've already done a great job and I'm sure that momentum and energy will continue straight into the challenge. I definitely think you'll be ready for your "dirty 30." Good luck and keep us updated!

Kevin

Half-Satyr Adventurer, Level 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 6 | CON 4.5 | WIS 6 | CHA 5

about me. | twitter. | dailymile.| fitocracy.

Challenge: 1. 2.

Thanks everyone!

I started when I was 7 years old! I have been doing it ever since. :)

I have recently been researching lifting heavy weights and just need some direction. So far I have seen to lift heavy doing squats, deadlifts and rows. Anything else I should be doing heavy?

Archived