Forums are back in action! ×

Seeing progress for the first time!

mzumtaylor

I started reading NerdFitness two months ago.

I started working out and eating better 7 weeks ago (I'm pretty sure there's a correlation there :P).

I started really tracking my progress (with pictures, and body measurements, and everything!) three and a half weeks ago. That's when I found the workout scheme I thought would work best for me, and have been sticking with it.

This past Saturday, I saw measurable progress (literally) for the first time. (Side note: I'm female, so my measurements are all focused on the lower body, which is where I tend to store my excess fat. I probably should throw my upper arm measurement in there, too...)

My initial measurements were:

Weight: 172 lbs

Waist: 32"

3" Below Waist: 36.25"

Hips: 42.5"

Thigh: 25"

Body Fat: 26.5%

My current measurements are:

Weight: 168 lbs

Waist: 31.5"

3" Below Waist: 35.75"

Hips: 42"

Thigh: 24.75"

Body Fat: 25.5%

The BF% is really approximate because I do not yet own calipers (they're next on the list).

The rest of those measurements haven't changed in years. Well, the weigh fluctuates, but until this workout, no matter what I did, the rest of the measurements wouldn't get any lower than those initial numbers. This is the first time my waist has ever be smaller than 32" and I'm stoked.

Also, today I made a jump rope, and nearly died using it. It was so much fun. That's all. :)

---

If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done. ~Thomas Jefferson

Congrats

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived