Forums are back in action! ×

Parenting woot

Maledictus

Just had to have a talk with my 10 year old son ... He's not to drop in to a George Carlin routine in sex ed class when the teacher asks "anyone have any questions ".

In unrelated news I'm not to leave George carlin books lying round the house.

I'm sure I shouldn't feel as proud as I do ;)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Kids, they will take you places and into conversations you would never expect... Keep having fun with them!!

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

LOL!! Yes, that's great.

In his senior year, one of our sons got suspended for being part of a student walkout protest. We were very proud of him. Even posted the letter from the principal on the wall.

Yay for kids that learn to be independent thinkers!

Any tips for how to do that? Cause sometimes with my 3-year-old, raising a conformist is AWFULLY tempting :)

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

The most important parenting tip I could share - okay, two of them - I learned mostly from my husband.

Kids are people. They may not have as much experience as their parents do, but they are people. Treat them as such.

Pay attention to all that "little stuff" that kids share with you. It isn't little stuff to them - when they get older, they will continue to share if you treated it as important stuff. To them, that "little stuff" is freakin' important.

Any tips for how to do that? Cause sometimes with my 3-year-old, raising a conformist is AWFULLY tempting :)

By helping them find the answers rather than just telling them stuff. That's not to say disobedience is condoned, or that there is no place for absolutes, just that you can do a lot of leading to water. Oh and don't use the kiddie carts at the store (that look like cars). They hide the kids from you.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Archived