Forums are back in action! ×

Hey Everyone! Newbie Story here!

Hey Everyone,

I came across this forum by accident from a link on Nerd Machine. It seems like just what I have been looking for.

Here is my Story -

My name is Emma and I'm from Liverpool in the UK. I used to play Soccer regularly and I could eat whatever I wanted without putting on weight and then I had a bad injury when I was 21 and the sports stopped. I thought I could still eat whatever I wanted and the pounds starting piling on without me really noticing it, until I was a size 22 and very unhappy. At 27, I was diagnosed with Bowl cancer and for the next year I had the fight of my life. My weight was up and down and I was very sick. I hardly had the energy to lift my head up. As I was lying in my bed, I decided that if I got through this I would change my whole lifestyle.

I was told I was in remission on the 9th June 2010 and I changed my life. I now eat healthy, I am 7 stone lighter and I am back playing sports. I love exercise videos. I have done p90x, insanity, i'm doing jillian Michaels and Turbo fire at the minute. I am a healthy weight but I need to tone my stomach after surgery and get rid of that last bit of fat that I don't want. Any advice would be much appreciated :-)

I have struggled with my job though. Its not really safe for me anymore to be in the environment. I was a CSI but I am waiting to move to a safer job. I decided to start writing last april and I am loving it so far.

Hope to get to know you all :-)

My Blogs:

General Nerdiness: http://www.nerdasylum.net

Travel Nerdiness: http://www.nerdhopper.net

Welcome to NerdFitness! We have a number of other Brits on the boards as well. Look around and find the group that you like and start posting...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Welcome Emma! Congrats winning all of the fights life has thrown at you! Good for you, beating your cancer and getting back into sports! Also, I hope you continue to have good luck with your job switch - glad you're in something safer now :) What kind of writing do you do?

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Archived