Forums are back in action! ×

new to the rebellion but liking this a lot

I've been reading NF blog posts for a while, but finally took the plunge to sign up the forums and really commit to doing this.

I was doing ok - not anywhere near my ideal weight, but losing some steadily. Not at the level of fitness I wanted but slowly getting stronger.

Then last year I had an operation and I feel like I'm back at square one. I've put on a lot of weight, I binged on comfort food when my recovery was taking longer than expected, and I've lost a lot of upper body strength. But now I'm finally not only physically but mentally ready to move on from that convalescent mindset.

I'm still exploring what the forums have to offer but I like the vibe.

as for my nerd credentials, I've been a roleplayer for the last 18 years.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mist, Level 3 Half-orc Adventurer

STR: 5 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3.5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 8.75 | CHA: 4

Third time's the charm - My current challenge thread

Interested in my progress? - My First Challenge & My Second Challenge

Welcome to the Rebellion, Mist! Besides losing weight, what are your goals? Do you have a plan in mind?

goals at the moment are mostly about getting 'back': i.e. back to pre-operation weight; back to being able to do 5 decent push-ups in a row rather than the 1 that is the best I can do now. Once I get to that stage, I can reassess.

Plus I'm in a wedding this September so it would be nice to look better for that, make my sister proud.

Plan is perhaps a lofty word for what I'm doing. I'm doing bodyweight exercises and slowly increasing the reps on those. I am doing cardio at the gym because I love the elliptical. I'm making adjustments to what I'm eating and keeping a food diary.

If not, there are a lot of ideas and good people on this site that will help.

I am very much enjoying the motivational and informational material in the main blog posts, and looking forward to exploring the forums. I'm intrigued by the idea of joining a class guild, but I don't think I'm yet clear enough on what I'm ultimately aiming for to choose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mist, Level 3 Half-orc Adventurer

STR: 5 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3.5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 8.75 | CHA: 4

Third time's the charm - My current challenge thread

Interested in my progress? - My First Challenge & My Second Challenge

I am very much enjoying the motivational and informational material in the main blog posts, and looking forward to exploring the forums. I'm intrigued by the idea of joining a class guild, but I don't think I'm yet clear enough on what I'm ultimately aiming for to choose.

Well, the Adventurer's guild would be a great place to start. I would also look at the guilds as "What do I want to be?" rather than "What am I?". It'll help you make your fitness goals more specific, and much easier to set (i.e., if you want to be a Warrior, you'll probably be setting powerlifting goals, or something similar, where as if you're a Scout, you'd be setting running distance, time, and/or speed goals). Anyways, welcome to the Rebellion!!

LEVEL III ASSASSIN-MONK

STR: 8   STA: 10

AGI: 10   WIS: 5

CON: 7   CHA: 4

We must DARE to be GREAT;

and we must realize that GREATNESS is

the FRUIT of TOIL and SACRIFICE and HIGH COURAGE

Archived