Forums are back in action! ×

Bad Back but newly Motivated

Greetings NF'ers,

I'm new to NF and am very glad to be here since any site that takes major life lessons from Office Space definitely deserves attention. I'm pretty old (46), slow, have an old ruptured disk injury (13 yrs ago) and have 46 lbs to lose. My question is: if I doing the basic "warm up for 5min, do an exercise from each group (push, pull, butt, etc.), cool down for 5 min" workout 3X per week (I love the get in, get out, don't dink around talking approach), what should I be doing on the other days of the week? Right now I'm doing 30 min of cardio.

Thanks for any info,

Otto

Welcome, Otto! I'm too much of a newbie to really answer your question - I've been doing whatever ends up working in that particular day, so walking, biking, or just stretching, but that's just me. Not sure if it's the best approach or not. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I figured I'd say hi anyway :) Best of luck to you!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Well depends on your goals :)

I usually do some running once or twice a week, have one full rest day planned (with stretching/mobility/yoga type stuff) and sometimes I'll do assistance lifts on off days (farmers walks, romainian deadlifts, some dumbbell stuff).

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Archived