Forums are back in action! ×

Withing scale

LessJos

So, I just wanted to report back that I got one on Sunday.

I LOVE IT! Super easy set up, took my maybe 5 minutes. That's all. The scale looks great and is instantly on. No more "tap and wait" like the old scale. You step on and it reads your weight.

You can save up to 8 profiles and the scale knows who you are depending on your previous weight. We have two set up that are far enough apart but apparently the scale ask you if it's not sure who you are.

I also found out that you can step on quickly without it uploading the weight. It has a loading bar and if you don't wait the 2 seconds it takes to send your data, it won't log it. Which I think is handy because I sometimes experiment with before and after a meal and don't want that to mess with the chart.

All in all, a very nice toy!

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter

I also found out that you can step on quickly without it uploading the weight. It has a loading bar and if you don't wait the 2 seconds it takes to send your data, it won't log it. Which I think is handy because I sometimes experiment with before and after a meal and don't want that to mess with the chart.

All in all, a very nice toy!

That is totally my favorite feature! I do that too, after a run, to make sure I'm hydrating enough in summertime!

I've had one of these since Jan 2010 and it still works great! It's been an awesome tool in tracking my weight and body composition. Love that a lot of sites are linking the data, such as RunKeeper. The less data entry the better I say.

As for accuracy? I'm not so sure that it's giving me exact data, particularly when it comes to body composition. For instance, I bet you'd get very different numbers if you used calipers, a Bod Pod or the Withings. But what I DO think it's giving me is consistent data. Point being, I can trust the trends and that's what I'm looking for.

Now if you need a device that will accurately tell you your body fat percentage, this may not be for you. And from what I've read, very few of these consumers BF scales really give you spot on readings. But if you want to know over time if your measurements are going up or down, then I think you've got a win here.

Another important thing with this device is to take measurements on a regular schedule. For me, I tend to weigh-in once a week, first thing in the morning after I've had a chance to get vertical, allowing body fluids to adjust, etc.

Truly Nerd friendly, I get a lot out of visiting DC Rainmakers site. Primarily reviewing heart rate monitors, he's done some exhaustive testing of this scale, as well as its competitors.

Here's his original in-depth 2010 review.

In mid-2011 he did a great Bod Pod & Consumer Scale Comparison Tests that's worth checking out. Part 1 & Part 2.

For fun, here's my stats since I've started using it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4200[/ATTACH]

post-3334-13567244239554_thumb.jpg

post-3334-13567244239554_thumb.jpg

I have a friend who is big into fitness....he got one of these and loves it. He's also a huge gadget geek, so it's right up his (and I assume most people on this forum) alley.

Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade.

Rudyard Kipling

Archived