Forums are back in action! ×

3 weeks in, first real test looming.....

Reenzo

So far so good, I am on track to hit my first goal (stick with program 30 days) on June 27.

Progress has been good, adding 2 reps per exercise, and I should be adding a set the first week of July, and completing the second goal (3x20 reps per exercise) on July 31.

My first big challenge comes this weekend, when we go away to the beach (Ann Maria Island, woot!) for a week's vacation.

Since my workout is all body weight stuff, I have no excuses not to exercise during the vacation. The sight of my belly in a swim suit should be motivation enough, as well as the internal reward of keeping with the program. Having said that, I have a crappy record keeping with the program.

I think this time is different, but I am worried about the week and after, for sure.

So what are folks thoughts on the next couple of days?

I had a meh workout Tuesday, a VERY heavy martial arts class (intense leg, aerobic and ground work) last night.

I planned on taking today off, based on last night, but I woke up surprisingly fresh this AM. I am thinking of doing a light parkour practice (basic jumps, rolls and vaults) and then rest up tomorrow and Saturday (there'll be a lot of lugging things around Saturday when we arrive).

Then, Sunday, just find a way to get it done.

Alternately, I could rest today and do a regular workout tomorrow, Friday followed by Sunday.

What does the NF Nation think? Thanks in advance and wish me luck!

If you're worried about motivation, consider doing lighter or shorter workouts while on vacation so that they won't feel like a chore. Then when you get back you will be fresh and ready to go (in theory).

Good luck, have fun!

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Archived