Forums are back in action! ×

NF Newbie ready to switch things up.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to NF, but not entirely new to this journey. Stumbled upon NF the other day and I've been hooked trying to read as much information as I can. Loving it so far!!

A year ago I had hit my low, which according to the scale was really my highest of highs. Weighing in at 275lbs I was absolutely MISERABLE in body and mind. I changed jobs, which resulted in me moving my butt a lot more, and I started making better choices nutrition wise. The weight has slowly been coming off, resulting in a loss of 42lbs over the last year, and I know quite a few inches. key word. slowly. After years of struggling with my weight, and fad diets, I've come to learn that as cliche as it might sound, this really has to be a lifestyle change, so I have been embracing the slow and steady, instead of the yo yo effect.

With that said, I'm at a place where what I've been doing isn't showing me results so I feel like it's time to clean up my diet some more, and get more serious with my workouts. And yes...speed things along. What I want to incorporate most that I haven't thus far, is strength training. I feel absolutely clueless and intimidated when it comes to weights. So if anyone wants to link me up with some great resources for beginners, I'd much appreciate that!

My previous definition of healthy was a small number on the scale, and looking skinny. Now? Sure I still want that number to go down, but the number not being the main focus, instead actually really getting fit and toned.

I've got a long ways to go but I believe anything is possible.

"Believe you can, and you're half way there" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Archived