Forums are back in action! ×

Finally seeing progress with my weight! Had to woot!

alice-on

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3888[/ATTACH]

I hope that picture thing works.

I've tried so hard for so long to put on weight/muscle, and I really didn't think it could ever happen. I'm 22, 5'4", and I was so unhappy with my body when I was really skinny. I felt small and weak and disproportionate. I felt like no one took me seriously because people constantly brought up how I was skinny and how I looked like a little kid. I was working at a subway when a disgruntled lady came in and got mad at me over nothing, said she was gonna fight me in the parking lot. I decided that day that I was going to try my hardest to look like a bitch you did NOT want to start a fight with. I took the after picture today in the exact same clothes to see how far I had come, and it almost shocked me!

Sorry for going on and on. I really just had to share with someone. It has let me know that I'm FINALLY on the right path, that what I am doing is FINALLY working, and that I shouldn't give up.

post-5123-13567244053166_thumb.jpg

You look amazing! And I definitely would not try to fight you!

ps - Have you been following a training program or plan? Any advice?

The biggest factor in my gains has been diet. Even though I eat a pretty clean diet, I track everything and make sure I eat enough calories every day. Before I just ate whenever I was hungry, which is great advice, but wasn't working as far as trying to gain muscle mass. I eat lots of veggies, oatmeal, yogurt, and any meat. I also eat lots of coconut oil, which I think is also a big factor in my success. I don't get a lot of fat from the foods that I eat, so I add coconut oil to anything I can so I can get plenty of good fats. I track everything and make sure I've eaten plenty of protein, fats, and carbs in the form of natural healthy foods. Once I've done that, I just eat whatever (but not junk or fast food, but sometimes a treat like ice cream or cookie dough) so I can at least meet my calorie needs for maintenance.

As far as working out goes, I've seen the biggest improvement in strength and muscle in the past year. The year before I finally started putting on some healthy looking weight, but I didn't have the muscle I wanted, so I'll tell you what went on this past year that gave me the most improvement. I went to the gym and lifted heavy weights for about 4-5 months, but when I hit a plateau I reevaluated my fitness level and went back to basics. I've used a combination of Convict Conditioning and Steve's beginner body weight routine since around Christmas, and I have to say that going back to basics and trying to master pushups and one leg squats has given me some awesome results.

I hope that was informational, and not too wordy.

Archived