Forums are back in action! ×

Multi-woot: School/fitness

Eddard

Hey all,

Just checking in with a couple of w00ts.

First, I finished my first semester of grad school and got an A in both classes. Crazy stressful paper writing basically dominated the month of May, but I got through it while starting up at Nerdfitness, eating well, and keeping to my fitness plan. I usually slack off on one thing (fitness/diet) while stressing over another, so this is kind of a big deal for me.

Second, I've lost about 10 pounds in the last month and a half and 2.5 inches off my waist. I'm down to the mid 160's, which is what I consider my fighting weight. Very happy about this.

My next step is tossing out weekly weigh-ins and measuring. I want to start quantifying my actual fitness. How much/fast I can run, how much I can lift, how many pushups, etc, etc. This is going to be tougher, but it's the only thing that will keep me honest. I want to be stronger and faster now, not lighter. Really looking forward to the next steps.

You all rock pretty hard.

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.â€

-Tyrion Lannister

Current weight: 180

4 Week Challenge Goal: 175

Long Term Goal: 165

Waist Measurement: 37.5"

4 Week Challenge Goal: 37.5

Long Term Goal: 32"

Archived