Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from the Northwest!

Hello everyone, been lurking a bit and decided to post. There's some great info found here and plenty of encouragement and inspiration.

About me: I was in the Army years ago, could run a sub-5minute mile, run 12 miles with a rucksack and a rifle in well under 2 hours, etc. But as a civilian at a desk I slowly got out of shape. My problem was thinking that I was still a fit young guy even if I ate pizza, drank coke, and played video games. I had mild tummy problems and sometimes heartburn as a result. Finally I started Crossfit and lost about 15 lbs, learned how to exercise correctly, but hit a wall because I was still eating junk. I was still feeling tired and yucky after a meal. After meeting some paleo people and reading a few books about pre-agriculture humans I went cold turkey paleo, and dragged my wife and 3 kids along with me. I lost 5 pounds the first week and was convinced. I found it was pretty easy replacing morning cereal with a quality smoothie and meat. It was easy replacing a lunch sandwich with a small steak and veggies. And by dinner I wasn't starving and feeling "hangry."

So I'm not quite where I want to be size-wise yet, but I would say healthy eating has made the difference when exercise alone wasn't enough.

Thanks for reading :)

Jesse Mattson - Philomath, OR - Rangers Lead The Way!

my website  my blog

Archived