Forums are back in action! ×

New Recruit from Kansas City

So I bumped into NerdFitness last year and had some moderate success with combining the NF Beginning Body Weight routine with a paleo diet. Then life happened, I got sidetracked and started backsliding. Along comes a friend (I'm talking about you, theactionpoint) who says, "Hey... NF has a new challenge coming up. Who wants to throw in on this with me?" and I figure, what the heck? Only this time, instead of skirting along the edges, I figure I should dive in and see what happens.

For the record, I'm 36 and a chef-by-degree who has his own photography business on the side. I wish I could say that I had some kind of active lifestyle and that I was off doing hiking/kayacking/dragon taming when I was younger and then took an arrow to the knee. Unfortunately, I can't say but what I can say is that I have been working for years in what can charitably be called an active occupation, one which does occasionally (daily) call on me to hoist several 50 lb bags of god-knows-what up a flight or two of stairs, never mind running back and forth in a 100+ degree kitchen. Not as glamorous as dragon taming, I grant you. I have graduated from college recently enough that I have gotten hoisted by that ole school loan petard and really don't have enough spare cash to drop on gym memberships or a whole lot of weights for the house (never mind that I don't really have anywhere to put them), which has pretty much restricted me to pushups, planks, walking or jogging and using the nearby university's exercise track for pull up type exercises.

That all sounds pretty negative, so here's the positive. I actually DO get out and go exercise about every other day and my job requires a pretty good amount of physical activity so I am not starting from scratch. While I may have backslid some on the primal diet, I have not completely regressed, so I at least don't have to work at breaking an addiction to starches or soda again. I am really wanting to join up with the Rangers to become an all-around badass and if I decide to multiclass out later, then so much the better. Once I get my brain wrapped around an idea, I tend to go after it pretty hard... and I have NerdFitness in my head now! As to nerd cred (if you need any), I have played D&D since the 80's, am working on a 4th edition port of the old Al-Qadim rules and love my console and computer games.

I think that should just about do it, so I look forward to hearing from the fellow rebels out there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chef Badger

Badgery Adventurer

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 4, CON: 4, WIS: 4, CHA: 2

Excellence is not an accident. It is the culmination of progressive attempts towards a goal. It is failing and saying, "I will succeed next time." It is succeeding and saying, "I will do better next time." It is the result of dedication and the return on an investment in time and effort. I will be excellent.

Welcome! Good to see another KC person around!

As long as you've got yourself working out regularly, you really don't need the gym memberships or anything. Sure, if you want to go Warrior class, you'll need the equipment, but you can go a good ways just doing body weight stuff. The only piece of equipment I used for a while was a tree in my backyard for pullups. Sounds like as a chef you'll be able to come up with some pretty awesome paleo food also.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fire.eagle

Elf Assassin

STR: 6 DEX: 5.5 STA: 4.75 CON: 5 WIS: 3.5 CHA: 3.75

Assassin Wannabe | Be Prepared

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

[/table]

Archived