Forums are back in action! ×

So I watched Fathead....

spatzcat

Okay, So, I watched Fathead on the weekend....and I know we've argued this time and time again, paleo vs. non paleo, blah blah blah. But I'd actually never really informed myself on the paleo side, and well, that was a good movie, with some great points.

I am curious about anyone elses take on it. I was especially intrigued by the part when he went on the saturated fat pigout, and the results were amazing. I was all wtf?

Never let your fear decide your fate.

I've seen it. I enjoyed it quite a bit but I do eat paleo so I could be biased. I don't really understand all the science either but a lot of it makes sense. Since going paleo in January my total cholesterol went from 161 (which is okay) but I was really fat to a total of 129 and I am 60lbs less fat. I obviously workout now and really watch what I eat so I know that's a lot of it. I do not shy away from fat or fatty cuts of meat. I do not eat grains or sugar though. My doctor says he has never seen me and my blood work be so good. He was baffled when I told him how I had been eating.

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

Fathead was the movie that pushed me in the Paleo direction. If you're interested read some of Gary Taubes books, that is the guy in the movie based his diet on.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

There are some paleo things I am on the fence about, but as far as excess carbs/grains, -- this movie let me lay that argument to rest. Highly recommend Squiddy, and the guy is so freaking sarcastic, it makes for a hilarious watch.

Never let your fear decide your fate.

I've seen it on Netflix but never got around to watching it. I'm looking to educate myself more on paleo so I just might have to put it at the top of my list.

Oh, it's on Netflix? I'll have to check it out and show it to my parents next time I'm in town. I tell them what I eat (and the weight-loss/fitness progress I've made) and the reaction I get is a combination of "WTF that's impossible!" and "OMG you're going to have a heart attack!". I've tried to explain it, but maybe a movie day is in order.

Kewilson - Misfit Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Operation Phoenix: 6-Week Challenge Thread

STR: 2 (+2), DEX: 0 (+1), STA: 3 (+0), CON: 4 (+0), WIS: 5 (+0), CHA: 1 (+3)

The guy had some interesting points. I enjoyed the movie but wasn't into paleo until recently. What I didn't like was the guys attitude that basically it is easy to say no to food, especially to children. It was almost belittling of the struggles some of us have. But he had a good point overall and I think it is a movie everyone should watch.

Archived