Forums are back in action! ×

Beginning of a better life

Hey everyone, new to Nerd Fitness and just felt like telling about myself a bit.

So I'm 20 years old, still living with my parents (yeah, call it pathetic if you want) I graduated from HS 2 years ago, and we moved the summer after I graduated to Colorado. After we moved, I got pretty lazy. I didn't even really look for a job for probably 6 months. I just sorta bummed it living with my parents living off of what I had saved up. You ask, what about school? I always planned on going to school, but I delayed it. I didn't have a job, didn't have any savings because I bummed it for 6 months. Plus, for the first year in a new state, tuition was off the charts. So I ended up getting a pretty decent job, and have been there for a little over a year now. And once I had a decent job, the idea of school just sorta went out the window for the time being, that delayed me for another year. So recently I decided I need to better my life. I don't want to work where I am at forever. So I enrolled in school for this fall, and now I want to get healthy.

So I literally found this place through Stumbleupon... Yeah, I wasn't even looking for workout stuff or anything like that. I just happened to come across this place being my usual lazy self, surfing the web. Recently I have been wanting to lose weight and get healthier, but haven't made any changes yet to do so. So when I found this place, I started reading, and I liked what I heard. I found the Rebel Strength Guides and from what I had read here on Nerd Fitness, it sounded like a no-bull, honest guide, put together by a man who isn't looking to get rich, but rather is put together through experience. So I decided, what the hell, if I'm going to change my life, I need a place to start, and I need some guidance. And that's what the Rebel Strength Guide offers. So I bought it. Saturday. Probably within a half hour of finding this site. Yeah, maybe a little rash, but definitely worth it if I lose even just 15lbs. So after I bought it, I decided I was going to start following it monday (today). Yesterday I started looking around the site some more and found the 6 week challenge that starts today. What a coincidence, right? I had already decided to start the Basic Training work out today, and the Paleo Diet was going to be soon to follow. Now, I have more motivation. I was encouraged to set 3 diet and fitness goals with the 6 week challenge, so I did so. Now I have goals to strive for for the next 6 weeks. Simply my goals are: 1) Conform to the Paleo diet by the end of the Challenge 2) Never skip a workout from the Basic Training schedule and 3) Bike 120 miles every week. I have those spelled out more in my challenge post, but those are my goals and now I'm much more apt to actually change my life style.

So I'm going to be following the Basic Training workout guide for now, and when I feel I am ready, I'm going to move up to the Body Weight Brigade workout. I'm choosing these because I hate going and lifting in a gym, I much rather stay home and get fit without the help of weights. Why? I don't really know, I just don't like fucking around with weights. Working out just using my body weight is much more appealing to me, even if it is tougher to gain muscle that way. First I want to slim down, so I'm sort of following the guide Operation Slim down for now, to get this fat off of me. Then I'm probably going to switch to Operation Bulk Up, because I know underneath all this fat, isn't a whole lot of muscle, I'm just not built that way. So here goes nothing. My journey to getting into shape begins NOW! No, seriously, I'm going to be doing my first workout right after I post this...

Sometimes a life change takes rash decisions and split second moments. I hope you find what you are looking for here, there are tons of great people and encouragement. Something we all need in our lives. Good luck!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dragonkin Assassin

STR: 3 | DEX: 7 | STA: 5 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 4

Power is not defined by striking hard or often, but striking true!

Archived