• Warriors - Kelly
    • Rangers - MartinPanduh
    • Scout - ElJay
    • Monks - Whiteraven
    • Assassin - drsloomis
    • Druid - Skirler
    • Adventurer - LeadChipmunk

Your Guild Leaders Have Spoken

and have named the leader for each of the guilds from the last challenge!

Now it's your turn to help out! I'm going to list the winner from each guild below and each of their accomplishments.

Please vote for a winner! This poll will be open until Friday, June 22nd at midnight, EST.

Aaaaaand drumroll please - your nominees :)

Warrior: Kelly

Challenge Grading Post:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?10848-Kelly-s-First-Official-Steps-Toward-Warriorosity!&p=191833&viewfull=1#post191833

From Bigm141414 -

Why is she the winner? Oh let me count the ways:

1) highly active on the forums, providing good advice and motivation to the other Warriors

2) She moved over 300,000lbs in the shuttle challenge.

3) She went from 8 push ups to 25 in a row!

4) She had a vacation in the middle but it did not derail her progress or make her backslide.

5) Dropped 3% of body fat.

Seriously, this girl did a whole bunch of stuff it makes me feel lazy (especially the 300klbs, I think that qualifies her for cyborg status).

Ranger: MartinPanduh

Challenge Grading Post:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?11075-Martinpanduh-s-100-Paleo-and-Fitness-challenge!&p=192818&viewfull=1#post192818

From Crooked:

1) He switched to a 95% paleo diet and drank nothing but water and tea with honey (cutting out alcohol, soda, diet soda, lemonade and artificial flavoring).

2) He followed through with all his planned workouts, PRing on strength while improving his run times.

3) He worked out consistently and logged his food and progress on NF, even during a business trip in Singapore.

4) Most importantly, he said the following: "I really felt like this was the best breakthrough I've had ever since joining this website for almost more than 2 years ago." As a two-year NF veteran, he found it in himself to make a fitness and health breakthrough, reducing liquid calories, introducing IF and moving toward a healthier processed-food-free diet. While experiencing strength and metabolic conditioning gains, he broke a weight plateau and said people have started to notice the changes he sees reflected on the scale.

Scout: ElJay!

Challenge Grading Post:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?10830-El-Jay-s-race-to-be-more-awesome&p=191331&viewfull=1#post191331

From BarefootDawsy:

How did she do?

1. CRUSHED the 1/2 Marathon with a 1:53:25 - a 12 minute improvement!
  2. 185lbs 3x5RM BOOM!!!
  3. 24:15 5k. A PR by 1:13!
  4. Makeup, check - even her friends have commented :)

On top of all these personal wins, ELJay participated in every challenge going, and in some cases actually completed the Run, Bike AND Swim portions.

ELJay has been inspirational this challenge and is a testament to setting clear goals and focusing on achieving them. She has been a team player and great sport, and has done the Scouts proud.

Assassin: drsloomis

Challenge Grading Post:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?11067-drsloomis-Challenge-2-0-well-really-1-5&p=191438&viewfull=1#post191438

From Nuke The Unicorns:

Homeboy lost 17 pounds, did 31 P90X/Insanity workouts, cut out soda, and read four books, all while acing his English Praxis Exams. He also participated heavily in challenges and generally kicked some ass.

Monk: Whiteraven

From Spauracchio:

He attended 12 out of 16 Wing Tsun classes.

He ate 17 out of 18 salads he needed to eat.

He blogged 5 out of the 6 weeks. 83%.

And as he says "I kicked so much ass at working out. I varied my work outs, threw new things in, and definitely hit all my workouts and then some."

Also he showed great participation in the Mini challenges (he even beat me winning one I was close to win and he was close to win another) and in the challenge in general, giving support to everybody and tried to keep us all active.

Druid: Skirler

Challenge Grading Post:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?11468-Skirler-s-Face-it-Challenge&p=191590&viewfull=1#post191590

From Spezzy:

Even though Skirler wasn't able to keep up posting, she kept up with her goals (remember the whole goals > posting thing? :) )

Increased flexibility and learned new poses including one called CowFace, which I don't know what it is, but with a name like that it must be awesome

Increased strength by working on planks (my favorite core exercise!)

Increased balance by learning to do Tree to Standing Extended Leg Stretch WITHOUT a strap. I would most definitely fall on my face.

She also completed an insane amount of sewing, spinning, and knitting goals

Adventurer: LeadChipmunk

Challenge Grading Post:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?10784-LeadChipmunk-Adventurer-Challenge&p=192096&viewfull=1#post192096

From Matilda117:

Did 50 - 60 pushups in a single day

Ran 1 mile w/o breaks

Did the Whole30 for 42 days

Almost met his goal of 200 lbs (got down to 201, which is an 8 lb loss)

Read 5.5 books, which is 2.5 more than his goal of 3

He was active in finding a summer job (goal was to find a job, and is still looking)

Was also active and supportive on the forums for his other guild members and in other guilds as well, and he completed all of the weekly challenges!

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Archived