Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from alexandria VA

Salutations, fellow NF'ers!

I just started a new job in a new city a few months ago. I have always been a bit overweight and being large runs in the family. Now that I'm living on my own and I don't have final exams, family, or other pressing obligations, I have the most precious resource there is: time. I've gained weight cyclically, usually when exams would come my way. At college, I relied too much on fast food and had no kitchen to cook. Now I have my own space and my own schedule. I'm ready to finally have a body worth showing on Facebook.

I always found it sad that I had all this nerdy brainpower but couldn't crack my own weight loss. After all, it's just eat less, eat better, and exercise more. However, one thing I never had was a community. I'd go to the gym for a month or two, but then I'd get injured, get sidetracked by work/school, or lose interest. I'm a loner at heart and interacting with the jocks and beautiful people at the gym was intimidating. One of the main things I hope to get out of NF are a like minded group of people who support me and I can support in return. Keeping food journals, exercise routines, and other fitness goals is something I want to make a participatory experience and I know the other posters here will help me do it. I'm looking forward to a better me and helping to make a better you. As a misanthrope and pessimist, I'm ready to change my ways and say: "yes, this is possible. I just needed help."

Here's to hoping to show all of you my six-pack very soon.:victorious:

Archived