Forums are back in action! ×

To Survive the Apocolypse

Stats:

Name: Brooke

Fitness History: 10 years weight lifting, 5 half marathons, 1 full marathon, CrossFit fanatic, 5 time NPC bikini competitor

Nerd Level: Pretty nerdy

I'm an attorney in KCMO, and my primary hobbies all involve fitness in one way or another. I especially enjoy competitive endeavors, and LOVE helping other people with theirs, so I am studying up for my PT certification. I'm here to give and receive positive feedback and constructive criticism as we all pursue our next goal.

My overarching goal is to be especially prepared for an apocolypic event, in whatever form it may arrive (zombie, nuclear, natural disaster). To survive will require optimal health, survival skills, speed, endurance, a strong body and keen mind. It's nearly impossible to maintain balance among all of these mental and physical strengths. For example, I have recently forsaken my long distance running abilities in favor of greater muscle mass and faster sprints. My two most pressing goals are: (1) completing my CPR/lifesaving night school class I began this summer (required for PT certification and, ya know, saving lives)- believe me, it's hard to sit in a classroom for 4 hours after sitting at my desk for 10; and (2) in the course of completing 3 upcoming 5K races, get my time below 24 minutes.

One step at a time, I'll be prepared to survive.

Who of you also will be spared?

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

-Theodore Roosevelt

Archived