Forums are back in action! ×

Summer Solstice

joeyb

Summer officially starts on Wednesday and it is going to be the longest day of the year. I've always wanted to get up at or before dawn and stay up after dark to make the most out of the day. However, I've always forgot or didn't have the motivation to do it. This year, though, I'm doing it.

I officially challenge everyone to make the most out of the longest day of the year. Use the day to do something that you wouldn't normally do or take a giant step forward in one (or more) of your goals. Afterwards, everyone should come back here and tell everyone how they spent their day. At the end, everyone votes on who got the most out of the day. I don't know if I'll be able to offer any prizes, but, hopefully, knowing that you kicked ass for a day and everyone acknowledging how much you rock will be enough.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

I officially challenge everyone to make the most out of the longest day of the year. Use the day to do something that you wouldn't normally do or take a giant step forward in one (or more) of your goals.

That is a freakin' awesome idea!

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

I've taken tomorrow off :) Going to get up to watch the sunrise probably. Then head to the gym (or just the park) to do some kinda circuit/routine or just bog off up a hill (possibly pausing to do bodyweight excercises, I don't know).

and generally spend the day with my fiance. I hope the weather keeps up!

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None

Brilliant idea! I'm in.

And for those in the southern hemisphere -- maybe focus on the returning of the light and the lengthening of the days? Do something short and intense to take full advantage of the daylight hours, and spend the dark time on some sort of recovery work?

Meanwhile, I need to think about and plan what tomorrow holds. Maybe a dinner picnic at the field across the street from our house? Or a trip to the community pool in the evening? A bike-ride into town for the kids to get ice cream? I'm sure I'll come up with something good.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Blessed be, y'all.

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Archived