Forums are back in action! ×

Time to Level up... from n00b, to... well, not n00b

Not to copy and paste everything... but I wanted to say a lot of the same things. So, apologies :cool-new:

My name is Josiah, I am 24 and I am a total n00b haha... I started receiving Steve's weekly emails about two months ago, but finally decided to step it up and get involved.

Since this is step 1 of many, I will try to utilize the momentum theory and start with small (but important) goals.

To start, I should provide a little background on myself right? Ok, well, I am, and always have been a tall skinny guy (6' and >145 lbs) and I am not a fan of the whole 'skinny' part... at least not the part where I get asked if I have an eating disorder (and all I want to reply is that gluttony is not anywhere near anorexia lol). I love to eat, but because of various aspects (work-lifestyle, genetics, metabolism) I can never break the 145 mark... I usually have a hard time simply maintaining the weight I do have.

-Work-Lifestyle: I work overnight 12 hr shifts (usually 3 per week, but as of late, I am working 4-6 shifts per week to try and save up more). The plus side, the money is really good. The downside, I sleep like crap (most of the time) and have little or no appetite throughout the night (my biggest clue to being hungry, is usually feeling like I hit a wall) and very little time or desire to workout before work.... and even less desire to workout after work.

-Genetics/Metabolism: I come from a long line of skinny dudes haha, and it seems that no matter how much I eat, or how much I had worked out in the past I cannot bulk up or put on weight (or at least keep it). I work with a lot of women who very often let me know how much they 'hate' me for my ability to eat "whatever" I want and not gain an ounce, and even offer to donate some of their 'extra' weight to me if they could.... when I would love to be 165-175 lbs of muscle and not fret about losing 10 lbs in a week if I miss a workout or don't eat my 3000+ calorie a day diet.

What do I want and where do I want to be. I honestly want to work up to being 165+ lbs and in great shape... then maintain it.

I am totally open to advice, suggestions, criticism... all that jazz. Hit me with all you can, I want this bad enough, that all anyone can do is help me get there, whether it be through determination caused by doubting comments or negative words, or boosts in confidence through supporting and building words.

I think it would be wicked awesome to find someone to workout with, or at least team up with for some of the many wicked awesome Colorado events.

I will try to be as active as possible, provide whatever constructive criticism or building words I can (within my scope of knowledge).

Thanks in advance for welcoming me to the NF community! I look forward to progressing with all of you to the next level!

I will try to post a 'before' picture of me sometime soon. And hopefully a follow-up picture of me looking like Ryan Reynolds with tattoos will come down the road :wink:

Cheers!

Josiah

Archived